Mini Mason Jar Apple Crisp
I enjoyed some time baking with Lilly this afternoon. She loves to help in the kitchen anytime she gets the chance. She was even more pleased with her baking when she saw how much her sisters and cousin enjoyed her Apple Crisps.
You only need a few ingredients and in no time you can put together this tasty dessert in a jar. If you have a favorite Apple Crisp recipe you could easily make this serving size delight.
- 3 apples
- 2 – 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp nutmeg, divided
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup steal cut oats (quick oats would work)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Heat 3 Tbsp of butter in skillet.
- Core and dice apples and add to skillet.
- Add 1 Tbsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg and sugar. Combine and cook until apples soften
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour and remaining cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spray jars with no stick spray and fill with apple filling.
- Place jars in a deep baking dish water bath
- Top with oat mixture and a small sliver of butter
- Bake @ 375